AHRC NYC has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy, Chief Operating Officer
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “AHRC NYC Director” in the subject line of your emailed
For nearly 70 years, AHRC New York City (AHRC NYC) has been the leading family-governed organization committed to finding ways for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities build full lives as defined by each person and supported by dedicated families, staff, and community partners. With an annual budget of $300 million, and 5,000 staff, AHRC NYC supports 15,000 individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities and their families. AHRC New York City is fully accredited by the Council on Quality and Leadership and is highly committed to promoting excellence and innovation in all aspects of its work.
AHRC NYC is seeking a highly intelligent, strategic, highly skilled, energetic, and experienced financial professional who has proven leadership in significant financial management positions to become its new Director of CFR Reporting and Contracts (Director). Reporting directly to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis, they will oversee the preparation of the consolidated financial report for the agency as well as oversee the processing and management of contracts from government agencies. They will necessarily have strong accounting, detailed oriented, excellent technology skills, and superior data analysis skills as they will work closely with the outside auditors as well as liaise with the agency’s accounting, budget, and financial reporting teams. Someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done is needed as well as someone who can implement new systems and procedures to streamline processes for timely reporting.
The Director is expected to be an excellent people manager. Candidates must be adept leaders with an ability to develop colleagues aligned with organizational values of accountability and autonomy. In addition, the Director must be capable of integrating seamlessly into the senior management role at AHRC NYC, fitting into the organization’s culture. They will collaborate with the staff in a supportive and direct manner with a minimum of ego and will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style, and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise. In addition, it is expected that they will be diplomatic, will operate with the highest integrity, and will possess sound judgment – as well as a sense of humor.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Process all new and renewal contracts from governmental agencies.
- Oversee preparation of budgets and claims for direct contracts.
- Supervise and provide feedback to Contract Management staff.
- Interact with independent auditors coordinating the Federal Single audit processes.
- Complete and submit all questionnaires required by contract funding agencies.
- Work with Information Technology Department to create and/or update programming requirements of funding agencies.
- Notarize all documentation for processing of contracts.
- Liaise between Budgets/Contracts and Accounting Department on issues related to reconciliation of expenses, accounts receivable, etc.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with staff of various funding agencies.
- Update data, set up new users in websites and documentation certifications.
- Assist in year-end close process.
- Validate list of all federally funded contracts and grants related to Statement of Federal Awards. Submit final Federal Single Audit report through IDES website, completing Data Collection Form and uploading to Federal Audit Clearinghouse.
- Manage the accuracy, compilation process, review, and submission of the agency Consolidated Fiscal Reports (CFRs).
- In coordination with Vice President of Financial Reporting and Analysis, provide comprehensive analysis on CFR prior to submission and certification.
- Coordinate and timely complete all funding agency questionnaires, registration, and websites.
- Serve as liaison with consultants for purpose of rate appeals.
- Collaborate with IT Department and outside consultants to ensure efficient processing of CFR reporting and filing, as well as contract claims.
- Implement ongoing recommendations to ensure timely and efficient completion of CFRs.
- Analyze all other areas of concern or interest that may be assigned by Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Expertise and knowledge in accounting and finance disciplines required.
- Minimum of ten years financial management experience, preferably with large, complex nonprofit agency, and related experience in cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting, and/or cost analysis.
- Expert computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite applications (with particularly strong skills in Excel) and electronic claims transmission systems.
- Ability to assist in research and analyses of technical data.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines while paying exceptionally close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Acumen in maintaining accurate financial records and preparing clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing, and operational use.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and explain complex financial data.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Proven ability to work productively and collaboratively within a team-driven environment.
- Flexibility to operate in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Demonstrable passion for the agency’s mission.
For more information about AHRC NYC, please visit their website at www.ahrcnyc.org
- COVID-19: All employees must show proof of vaccination for the COVID-19 virus, including booster shots.
- The work is on-site.
- Anticipated salary range is $125K to $140K
AHRC New York City provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants, with employment based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic disposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as established by law.