Barnacle Parking Enforcement has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy, COO and Senior Director
Harris Rand Lusk
122 East 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please put “Barnacle Analyst” in the subject line of your e-mailed resume.
Barnacle Parking Enforcement (“Barnacle”) is the fast-growing company behind the device that is transforming the parking enforcement industry. The Barnacle sticks to a windshield using technology that applies 750 pounds of pressurized grip and weighs less than most boots. Parking enforcement officers can apply the device from the safety of a sidewalk as opposed to a boot-type device that requires dangerous work in the street, and a “Pay and Remove” system allows the motorist to remove the Barnacle themselves, in minutes. The Barnacle is currently in use in a number of cities and private lots worldwide.
The Barnacle is seeking a Business Research Analyst to join its growing team. Reporting to the CEO and accountable to the entire leadership, he/she/they will be an expert in data analysis and interpretation, and will have the ability to communicate the results of that analysis effectively to senior leadership. Among other tasks, the Business Research Analyst will analyze current trends, identify potential opportunities both for business development and customer satisfaction, and generally, provide support to the leadership as needed. The Business Research Analyst will be able to analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
- Research and collect data on consumers, competitors and market place, consolidating information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences.
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it.
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations.
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation.
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ researchers and implement best practices.
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field.
- At least five years’ experience in marketing and analytics.
- Proven business research analysis experience.
- Organized and analytical with relentless attention to detail.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- Familiarity with CRM programs.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods, including polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Applicant and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/VET/Disability Employer