BTQ Financial has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy, Senior Director and COO
Harris Rand Lusk
122 East 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please submit your application, including resume and cover letter, to Sara Garlick Lundberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words “BTQ Director of HHS” in the subject line of your e-mailed application.
BTQ Financial, a premier financial services outsourcing company serving the nonprofit sector, is seeking a smart and seasoned business professional with a desire to make a positive impact in the nonprofit community to become its Director of Health Home Services.
BTQ Financial (“BTQ”) is a growing financial management company which offers complete fiscal management and accounting outsourcing services to nonprofits and related organizations, mostly in New York City and its environs. Founded approximately 15 years ago, BTQ has been a leader in the field of specialized nonprofit financial management and accounting, providing efficient and cost effective solutions for nonprofit organizations needing better business management and improved fiscal responsibility. BTQ’s clients touch all types of nonprofits and include social service and community development organizations, advocacy and human rights organizations, arts and culture, foundations, healthcare, and affordable housing. Its clients’ combined budgets for which BTQ is responsible exceed $600 million.
BTQ is poised for rapid growth as it builds its client base in the Health Home Services (HHS) arena. With the needs of Health Homes evolving, BTQ is looking for an entrepreneurial leader who can develop a vision of the practice’s growth, provide leadership, and manage the division’s daily functions.
The Director of Health Home Services will be a senior member of BTQ’s leadership and direct its fastest-growing practice area which provides important back-end services to New York’s Medicaid Health Homes and their related Care Management Providers and Managed Care Organizations. The Director will be responsible for growing the practice, understanding and navigating the changing face of healthcare financing and related policies, as well as managing the team’s staff and operations. The Director must have a deep knowledge of the implementation of Medicaid Health Homes and the broader landscape of healthcare reform. In addition, the Director must be entrepreneurial, have a strategic vision for the practice, and be capable of representing BTQ to external stakeholders. He or she will also be a strong manager with a commitment to the health and growth of the nonprofit industry.
The Director will work with the executive team and staff in a supportive and direct manner. He or she will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style, and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise. In addition, he or she will be diplomatic, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment as well as a sense of humor.
- Work with BTQ executive team to develop a multi-year vision for the Health Home Services practice’s growth
- Provide oversight of BTQ’s Health Home Services practice including its financial and administrative support services and proprietary Health Home Portal; direct client managers and related staff; and supervise internal administrative functions
- Manage existing Health Home Services client relationships, ensuring regular communications, thoughtful client service and positive client-oriented outcomes
- Direct new business development for Health Home Services, securing relationships with new business prospects, and ensuring that that the division meets annual targets
- Analyze current offerings of Health Home Services practice; recommend enhancements to improve client service and outcomes
- Serve as a liaison to the broader Health Homes community, as well as related officials and policymakers
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA or MPH is preferred
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible positions in government, business or a related not-for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing a large-scale, multi-dimensional healthcare-oriented business
- Deep knowledge of healthcare policy, including Medicaid Managed Care and DSRIP, as well as related finances, planning, and risk management disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic vision, comprehensive plans and objectives
- Experience advising senior executives and interacting with multiple entities
- Ability to engage the staff around issues, trends, and changes impacting Health Homes
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior leadership with the ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the workforce at all levels as well as external constituents
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated work ethic
BTQ Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience. For more information about BTQ Financial, please visit their website at www.btqfinancial.com