BTQ Financial has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner
Anne McCarthy, Senior Director and COO
Harris Rand Lusk
122 East 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please include the words “BTQ Director of Operations” in the subject line of your e-mailed application.
BTQ Financial, a premier financial services outsourcing company serving the nonprofit sector, is seeking a smart and seasoned business professional with a desire to make a positive impact in the nonprofit community to become its Director of Operations.
BTQ Financial (“BTQ”) is a growing financial management company which offers complete fiscal management and accounting outsourcing services to nonprofits and related organizations, mostly in New York City and its environs. Founded approximately 15 years ago, BTQ has been a leader in the field of specialized nonprofit financial management and accounting, providing efficient and cost effective solutions for nonprofit organizations needing better business management and improved fiscal responsibility. BTQ’s clients touch all types of nonprofits and include social service and community development organizations, advocacy and human rights organizations, arts and culture, foundations, healthcare, and affordable housing, among others. Its clients’ combined budgets for which BTQ is responsible exceed $600 million.
BTQ is poised for rapid growth as it builds its client base in the health arena and expands the number and types of nonprofit it serves. With a commitment to excellence and outstanding client relationships, BTQ is mindful that this growth must be supported thoughtfully and strategically to maintain its quality standards. As such, BTQ is looking for someone who can help strengthen and develop systems as the organization grows, manage and cultivate staff, and support the organization in all areas as its Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations will be someone with excellent business acumen, management experience, an understanding of financial and accounting issues, and a commitment to the nonprofit industry. He or she will be highly organized, direct, and a strong team player. In addition, the Director will be smart and savvy about motivating colleagues, adept at business analysis, and be able to communicate the business model and strategy to employees in a way that engages them in their work. This individual needs to be entrepreneurial and not risk averse, and have the strength, skills, and desire to promote a standard of excellence to set BTQ apart from the competition.
It is important that the Director be capable of integrating smoothly into BTQ, fitting into the organization’s collaborative and open culture. The Director will work with senior team members and staff in a supportive and direct manner. He or she will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style, and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise. In addition, he or she will be diplomatic, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment as well as a sense of humor.
- Provide day-to-day management of BTQ’s operations, overseeing all internal administrative functions, including information technology, human resources, business development and marketing, and facilities management, among others
- Working in partnership with senior staff, help to implement BTQ’s business plan, including the development of key performance indicators to measure client satisfaction, business retention, and new business opportunities
- Lead the implementation of data-driven performance management reports that measure and evaluate progress and drive decision-making
- Work with leadership team and staff to instill a human capital development and mentorship culture within BTQ
- Analyze current technology infrastructure and systems, such as accounting and human resources functions, to develop systems that can provide the organization with quick access to information and assist in resource allocation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA is highly desirable
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible positions in government, business or a not-for-profit organization
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience managing a multi-dimensional operation involving a diverse workforce
- Strong business instinct and the skills to enhance the business model for BTQ
- Knowledge of financial services and management, planning, accounting and risk management disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to implement a strategic vision and comprehensive plans and objectives
- Experience advising senior executives and interacting with multiple entities with potentially significant divergent views
- Ability to engage the staff around issues, trends, and changes in the strategic, operating and financial models of BTQ
- Effective change management skills as BTQ moves through its review of organizational design and effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem solving and collaboration among various stakeholders
- Strong transaction decision making
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop staff
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the workforce at all levels as well as external constituents
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated work ethic
BTQ financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience. For more information about BTQ Financial, please visit their website at www.btqfinancial.com