The organization has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Please submit e-mailed resumes and cover letters in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner, or
Anne McCarthy, COO and Senior Director
Harris Rand Lusk
Please put the words “Confidential COO’ in the subject line of your e-mailed application.
Harris Rand Lusk is conducting a confidential search for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) of a large quasi-governmental organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the COO will be the senior executive in charge of ensuring that the organization’s overall goals are met. He/she will partner with the Chief Executive in implementing and delivering on a strategic plan for the organization, establishing and monitoring measurable goals and objectives for each division and the organization overall, and ensuring the successful completion of the organization’s initiatives. The COO will represent the Chief Executive as well as the organization’s policies and objectives to government leaders, private sector partners, and community stakeholders. The COO will have direct oversight of the organization’s various divisions, including real estate, planning and development, asset management, and capital programs. In addition, the COO will be responsible for ensuring that the organization attracts and retains the best talent to meet its goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 15+ years of professional and management experience for a complex organization.
- Experience with real estate development, asset management, economic development and/or urban planning.
- Effective, articulate and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem solving and collaboration among various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- NYC residency required