The Rapid has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries and/or resume and salary requirements may be directed in confidence to:
Christopher Boylan, Director, Transportation & Infrastructure Practice
Harris Rand Lusk Executive Search
122 East 42 Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer in the day-to-day administration, development, implementation and monitoring of policies, plans, procedures, programs, and full operation of the Transit Authority. Develops and monitors policies and procedures directly involving personnel and equipment in Finance and Administration functions.
- Direct and oversee the administrative functions of ITP’s Finance, Grants and Capital Projects, Purchasing, Human Resources and IT departments.
- Ensure the effective and efficient performance of the aforementioned departments through the formulation, interpretation, direction, and monitoring of all the Authority policies and procedures.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Deputy CEO of Operations and Department Managers, to establish goals, objectives, strategies, and priorities, and to see they are effectively carried out.
- Handle special projects for the Chief Executive Officer. Coordinate activities between Deputy CEO of Operations, senior staff members and aforementioned departments.
- Assure that subordinate staff receives appropriate guidance, support, and training to enable them to effectively carry out their responsibilities and strengthen their skills and capabilities.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy CEO of Operations in coordination and communication with community organizations and other governmental agencies.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in support to and for the ITP Board.
- Appointed as Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison Officer.
- Acts as organization Chief Budget Officer including analyzing, production and presentation of annual operating and grant budgets.
- Manage and monitor all Grant funding and related projects to insure milestones are being met and resources are utilized to their fullest potential.
- Responsible for the administration and implementation of major capital improvement projects, including major facility construction projects. Coordinates land acquisition for the organization and acts as liaison with the city and county planning departments.
- Any additional projects assigned by the CEO.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountability – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work performed. Achieves results with little oversight.
- Communications – Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Customer Service – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ethics & Integrity – Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Reliability – Prompt and dependable. At work as scheduled. Plans ahead and communicates scheduling concerns to leadership.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; and five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Basic Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and various proprietary software as required.
Regularly required to sit for extended periods. The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Use of hands and arms is necessary to reach or use various tools or objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to perform job duties in accordance with existing health and safety procedures and policies.