Israel Policy Forum has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Debbie Farrell, Senior Director, Leadership and Development
Harris Rand Lusk
122 E. 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please write “IPF” in the subject line of the email
A non-profit, nonpartisan organization, Israel Policy Forum works to advance a viable two-state solution as the only path to maintain Israel as a secure, Jewish, and democratic state. Established in 1993 to support Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin’s diplomatic vision to advance Israel’s security, Israel Policy Forum re-emerged in 2012 as an important resource and convener for policymakers and community leaders seeking thoughtful analysis and credible information on key issues impacting a future two-state solution, US diplomacy and the US-Israel relationship. In addition to its roundtables and educational partnerships that engage a diverse array of key Israeli and American stakeholders and institutions, IPF is ensuring the involvement of next generation influencers through IPF Atid, its millennial-led community.
IPF has seen steady progress with its programs and visibility and, as a result, growing support from prominent community leaders and philanthropists. IPF is looking for a Director of Development (DD) to expand its major giving program by cultivating opportunities across the country and growing a base of mid-level donors.
Israel Policy Forum seeks an intelligent, entrepreneurial and business-oriented major gifts fundraiser to serve as its next Director of Development (DD). Working closely with the Executive Director and a highly motivated and engaged Board of Directors, the DD will evolve IPF’s fundraising beyond its predominantly NYC base. The DD will create and prioritize activities that engage current donors; research and cultivate new prospects from a broad range of constituencies; and proactively ensure IPF has the appropriate infrastructure to support a growing philanthropy program.
The DD will be a highly accomplished fundraising professional who brings demonstrated success in scaling major giving in multiple US regions. The DD will be a critical part of the team, a relationship builder capable of integrating smoothly into the management and organizational culture of IPF. They will have clear vision and the ability to inspire purpose. The right candidate will be a dedicated, intelligent self-starter with experience overseeing a range of successful fundraising methods.
- Together with the Executive Director, provide vision and leadership for all aspects of IPF’s fundraising program
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan with a focus on creating a high-touch, high-level donor program to strengthen the pipeline, increase success of campaigns, and increase donors’ affinity with the IPF mission
- Integrate fundraising best practices across all levels of individual giving
- Implement systems and practices that identify new communities and contacts to build a broader, more geographically diverse base of support
- Execute a best-practice Moves Management program that maximizes the resources offered within the organization’s fundraising software
- Conceptualize and develop a strategy for donor engagement in key cities nationwide, as well as for fundraising events, special campaigns, and grant proposals
- Supervise development staff and work closely in collaboration with other staff to advance fundraising objectives, including all fundraising communications
- Promote an organization-wide culture of philanthropy
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years professional fundraising experience including major gift campaigns
- Track record of success in developing and implementing scalable fundraising plans, cultivating donors, and soliciting individual mid-level and major gifts
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with philanthropists
- Systems-oriented leader with well-honed fundraising operations and management skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver who excels in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Analytical, organized, proactive, detail-oriented with strong ability to prioritize
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility for regular domestic and international travel to Israel one – three times per year
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy and values of IPF and the ability to articulate the organization’s needs, opportunities and aspirations with clarity and enthusiasm
For more information about Israel Policy Forum, visit www.israelpolicyforum.org.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.