Latino Victory has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, Managing Partner & CEO
Anne McCarthy, Esq., COO
Harris Rand Lusk
122 E. 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please e-mail your application to Anne McCarthy at
Please put ‘Latino Victory’ in the subject line of your emailed application
Latino Victory is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help identify, support and promote Latino candidates for elected office across the nation. Latino Americans make up about 18% of the US population, yet only one percent of elected offices are occupied by Latinos. In the current political environment, now more than ever it is important to have progressive voices added to shape the public discourse as to who we are as a society, leading to better representation and a more unified America.
Located in Washington DC, Latino Victory, comprised of three entities—Latino Victory Fund, Latino Victory Project, and Latino Victory Foundation—is a hybrid political action committee, providing funding for its candidate development programs, events and networking opportunities, as well as contributing to the campaigns of selected individuals. With the recent departure of its founding leader, the Board of Latino Victory is seeking a highly effective political fundraiser and advocate for the Latino community to become its next President/CEO.
The President/CEO of Latino Victory is the chief executive in charge of the organization and the lead advocate for identifying and promoting Latino candidates for elected office throughout the nation. The most critical skill that the President possesses is the ability to raise significant funds to support both the organization and the candidates identified as requiring support. In addition, the President must be a skilled communicator as he/she will be a leading spokesperson for the organization and its work, representing Latino Victory in the media including network news shows, in public forums, as well as before potential donors.
Reporting to and working with the Board of Directors, the President must be able to set goals and agendas for the organization, develop and execute a fundraising plan, create communications and marketing plans, and manage the day-to-day operations. The President is also responsible for overseeing and developing staff, currently numbered at eight, and ensuring that all laws, rules and regulations are followed.
The President/CEO must be a skilled manager, an experienced political fundraiser as well as a consensus builder who is able to promote cooperation, collaboration and partnerships while advancing the core goals of the organization. S/he should have substantial experience working in a political environment which includes working as, for, or with elected and appointed officials and must demonstrate significant accomplishments and past successes. Again, fundraising is a critical element of the role, and the selected candidate must be able to identify potential sources of funds and executive a strategy to engage donors productively.
The successful candidate will be politically astute, a hands-on manager, a strategic thinker and planner as well as a problem solver who is able to respond to crises quickly and effectively. He or she must be an accomplished public speaker with sufficient gravitas to generate support for the organization and its work. An ability to promote an open, inclusive environment with the staff that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork with a minimum of ego is critical.
- Working with the Board, develop and execute a successful fundraising strategy to increase revenue and donations, including creating solicitation campaigns to build awareness and support for the organization
- Serve as primary representative of the organization to external stakeholders to create positive partnerships and outcomes
- Working with the Board, the President/CEO will set annual goals and objectives for Latino Victory and shall have primary responsibility to design and implement appropriate metrics for the organization’s activities to allow the Board to evaluate progress toward the achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Encourage and lead all communication efforts, both internal and external, to ensure that are perceived in a positive manner by all stakeholders, and that organization objectives are accomplished
- Recruit, hire, train and manage staff as well as conduct the annual performance and compensation review of all staff positions.
- Work with staff to program event content, and to organize, promote, and deliver events
- Leverage the statistical research used in advocacy and public relations to create quality media content
- Identify candidates for PAC support
- Ensure compliance with federal election and lobbying laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline; advanced degree a plus.
- Must be an excellent public speaker with experience presenting to large and diverse audiences
- Must be a dynamic, diplomatic, intelligent, humble, and highly skilled leader with the gravitas to “sell” the organization
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong fundraising skills
- Solid experience working with and supporting a Board of Directors
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to focus, prioritize and implement
- Some travel required
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
Salary will be commensurate with experience. For more information about Latino Victory, please visit their website at www.latinovictory.us