Pace University has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy, Chief Operating Officer
Harris Rand Lusk
122 East 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please put “AVP Enrollment Marketing” in the subject line of your emailed application.
Shaped by opportunity and innovation, Pace University is a dynamic multi-campus institution which provides educational opportunities for a diverse student population. For more than 100 years, Pace has provided strong academics coupled with a best in class internship program designed to prepare students for leadership in their professions, their lives, and the global society.
With campuses in New York City and Westchester County, Pace serves nearly 13,000 students offering more than 100 undergraduate majors and more than 60 graduate degrees in a range of fields including business, computer science and technology, health, sciences, the humanities and law.
Recognized as the nation’s leading private university for upward economic mobility of students, Pace’s educational environment combines theory and practice to ensure that its graduates are prepared to excel in the 21st Century.
Pace University is seeking an experienced direct marketing professional with a proven record of success in consumer marketing to lead its enrollment marketing group as the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Marketing (“AVP”). Reporting to the vice president for enrollment and placement, the AVP is responsible for leading enrollment marketing initiatives guiding student acquisition for undergraduate, graduate, and international programs.
Pace has a solid record of enrollment success; FTEs increased by 1,430 over 10 years. At the same time, enrollment from outside of NY State increased by 74% and international enrollment grew by 200%. The university is seeking a candidate who can join its motivated team of enrollment professionals and who can help ensure future success.
The AVP will define and execute strategies for achieving university enrollment and revenue goals; direct market research, create direct response marketing plans for each market, and evaluate the division’s marketing efforts.
Candidates should be highly collaborative, strategic and driven to exceed targets. The ideal candidate will be informed by data, dedicated to continuous improvement and have deep experience in digital and social marketing.
- Leads marketing strategy for undergraduate and graduate student acquisition.
- Selects, mentors and leads enrollment marketing staff.
- Works with academic units and deans to develop plans to meet enrollment goals of each school/college and program. Develops and presents strategy including the development of key messages and determination of spend by media/channel.
- Creates and implements marketing plans based on market analysis to generate leads through digital marketing, direct mail, advertising, telephone and other media.
- Creates and implements communication plans to engage prospective students throughout the enrollment cycle.
- Oversees digital marketing; the planning and placement of search engine marketing, media buys, and the university’s search engine optimization program.
- Collaborates with university relations staff to ensure that marketing messages are on brand and leads the development of enrollment publications, web content, email, direct mail and digital advertising that reflect the Pace brand and positioning.
- Oversees the telemarketing initiative.
- Directs market research
- Monitors and continuously improves the image of Pace University in publications, guide books and higher education websites.
- Oversees the development of presentations and videos to be used to attract and enroll students.
Professional and Personal Qualifications:
- BA required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Proven direct consumer marketing success, particularly in using digital and social media
- Experience in leveraging the potential of a CRM
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Understanding of branding concepts and how to apply and manage a brand.
- Ability to direct and interpret market research
- Ability to identify and apply metrics for the evaluation of marketing strategies and tactics
- Knowledge and ability to supervise the development of publications and electronic communications (including the web)
- Knowledge of advertising principles and experience in developing and placing advertising
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, combined with knowledge of and experience in marketing practices, the ability to effectively integrate and manage multiple complex projects; and a track record of meeting performance goals
- Effective communication and relationship building with multiple constituencies
- Basic knowledge and comprehension of enrollment management
- Highly skilled at verbal and written communications
- Skilled at project scheduling and adherence to budgets
- An appetite and leader for change
- Belief in the mission of Pace with a desire to become an active member of the University community
Compensation commensurate with experience; benefits are competitive.
Pace University is committed to enhancing its diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
For more information about the Pace University please visit their website at http://www.pace.edu