The Planned Parenthood Federation of America has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Jack Lusk, CEO & Managing Partner
Anne McCarthy, Esq., COO
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com and put “PPFA Contracts” in the subject line of your e-mailed application.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), the renowned national organization protecting reproductive rights and promoting sexual health, is seeking a brilliant, highly skilled and experienced attorney with a passion for Planned Parenthood’s mission to join its team as Associate General Counsel, Contracts (Contracts Attorney).
For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions. With affiliates all over the country, Planned Parenthood ensures that anyone who needs counselling; healthcare, including pap smears and breast exams: treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; and contraception can have those services, regardless of insurance and ability to pay. Planned Parenthood serves everyone, regardless of gender and gender identify, race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens, and families. The Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Inc. (Action Fund) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. The Office of the General Counsel serves both PPFA and Action Fund.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient, and diplomatic Contracts Attorney to join the Contract Administration team within the Office of General Counsel (OGC). This position supports the progress of grants and contracts and organizational compliance with policies and processes, as well as work with other departments, vendors, and stakeholders, as necessary. The Contracts Attorney will provide top-notch contract administration and organizational support to help implement the programs and processes of the department.
The Contracts Attorney should be someone highly intelligent, with significant contracts experience. The Contracts Attorney should be an efficient problem solver, with stellar judgment; be thoughtful and analytical; be an exceptional communicator and writer; and be able to work in partnership with the legal team and other PPFA staff in a cooperative fashion without ego.
The responsibilities of the Contracts Attorney include:
- Support the Contract Administration team
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements, grants, sponsorships, commercial co-ventures, intellectual property licenses, and related legal documents,
- Trademark searches and filings, as well as commercial co-venture filings with Offices of Attorneys General around the nation
- Build, maintain, and work within OGC proprietary systems, databases, and directories
- Craft and analyze reports
- Coordinate Contract Administration work with internal legal staff and outside counsel
- Implement OGC initiatives, including education and enforcement of compliance with PPFA/OGC policies, as well as state/federal regulations and industry standards
- Interact with organizational clients, stakeholders, and business partners
- Adapt to changing demands and shifting priorities, always with a view to delivering first-rate legal advice and services
- Legal research needed by the General Counsel
- Other related duties and services, as needed or requested by the GC or Deputy GC.
- Juris Doctor with 7-10 years of contracts or corporate law experience within a law firm or a corporate legal department
- Admitted to NY/DC or a bar, as a member in good standing
- Litigation experience a plus
- Must be a self-starter, ready to work as part of a team, willing to learn and who will make logical connections and apply knowledge from one task to another
- Thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and diverse organization
- Ability to perform to tight and changing deadlines
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo
- Dexterity in G Suite, Word, Excel, form creation (Word or Adobe)
- Excellent communication (oral/written) skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and take direction
- Must be detailed-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Ability to function effectively as a team player and collaborate with colleagues at different levels of seniority within the department and organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize without direction
- Unflinching commitment to exceptional work products
Position location: New York City (or other location, as negotiated)
COVID: Please note that PPFA employees will continue to work remotely in a hybrid work environment until July 2022
Some travel may be required
Compensation Range: $108,780 to $185,220
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. PPFA also offers voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
PPFA values a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Its goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PPFA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
For more information about the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, please visit their website at www.plannedparenthood.org