To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to Christopher Boylan, Harris Rand Lusk Executive Search at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) system is a 13.8 mile passenger rail system serving northeastern New Jersey and New York City’s Lower Manhattan. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey(PANYNJ), which serves the nation’s largest metropolitan area, building, operating, and maintaining some of the country’s most significant transportation infrastructure. PATH seeks a senior executive with proven labor relations experience in a Railway Labor Act (RLA) environment to guide its collective bargaining processes and labor relations.
The Chief Negotiator for PATH will, in consultation with the Executive Director, Chief, Human Capital, Management & Budget Division, and General Counsel, manage all aspects of labor relations, developing labor strategy and negotiating settlements with eleven (11) PATH union groups in the context of the RLA. S/he will facilitate a constructive labor-management relationship to ensure corporate objectives are achieved without disruption to rail service, and drive implementation of productivity and process improvements that increase revenue, optimize efficiency, maximize customer service, and reduce costs. S/he will also direct the grievance and disciplinary processes and arbitrations.
- Ten years’ experience in Labor Relations, particularly with experience under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) and with demonstrated experience negotiating labor agreements, advocating before impartial arbitration Boards, and facilitating effective labor-management relationships.
- Strong command of legislation governing railroad labor relations/employment (Railway Labor Act (RLA); EEO; ADA; FELA; FML; etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree Industrial and Labor Relations or a related degree.
- Master’s Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations, Labor Relations Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Economics, a Law degree, or a related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in human resources, employee relations, company/union relations and labor and employment law.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough and factual research, economic analysis and present findings in a concise and persuasive format.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize projects in time-sensitive situations paying keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented, environment.
The PANYNJ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits.