Pink Aid, Inc. has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Anne McCarthy or
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Please put “Pink Aid Executive Director” in the subject line of your emailed application.
Pink Aid is a highly regarded national nonprofit whose mission is to provide compassionate support, critical resources and emergency financial assistance during treatment to underserved breast cancer patients and their families. It encourages survivors to heal by helping and inspiring others.
Pink Aid launched its proprietary Emergency Financial Assistance program in 2015 to provide emergency financial aid to individuals in need during breast cancer treatment. Funds provide help with non-medical expenses, such as food, transportation, rent and utility payments. In 2020, Pink Aid expanded its Emergency Financial Assistance program beyond its chapters in Connecticut and Long Island, to provide nationwide financial assistance. Pink Aid also provides annual grants to local Connecticut and Long Island nonprofits that provide support to individuals and families that are underserved and currently undergoing breast cancer treatment or need compassionate care assistance.
Pink Aid seeks a dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial leader, whose primary focus is on national fundraising, to be their next Executive Director. Reporting to Pink Aid’s Co-presidents and Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work to establish annual and long-range goals, secure national funding, cultivate donor relationships, and implement strategies and policies to foster the growth and quality of the organization. The Executive Director will be responsible for the management and direction of all aspects of day-to-day operations, including the supervision of staff and volunteers, development of management systems and procedures, fiscal responsibility, and the evaluation and improvement of all resources.
Building a national donor base and network will be a top priority for this role as Pink Aid works toward its goals of expanding its impact and increasing support to women across the country. The Executive Director will be experienced in fundraising strategies and implementation, long-term strategic planning, and have proven success in securing significant funding through corporate sponsorships, foundations, fundraising events, annual campaigns, and major individual donors.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary who believes in supporting underserved women and their families during breast cancer treatment. They must be enthusiastic about serving as the face and voice of the organization to successfully engage and motivate stakeholders.
Excellent interpersonal skills are critical to this role. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board and staff in a transparent, honest fashion that promotes inclusiveness, cooperation, and teamwork. They must be a relentless optimist and motivational leader who will confidently guide Pink Aid into its next period of expansion.
They will work to create consistency and cohesion with the Board, Founders, Co-presidents, and staff to ensure alignment to a single vision and strategic plan. In addition, the Executive Director will be bright, diplomatic, analytical, creative, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment as well as a sense of humor, humility, and compassion.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that will advance the organization’s mission and expand Pink Aid’s national footprint; sustain and increase revenue, efficiency, and growth; ensure that the goals established in the annual and long-range strategic plans are accomplished.
- In collaboration with the Board and Presidents, lead the organization in all fundraising activities; cultivate and maintain relationships with major individual donors; build and maintain foundation and corporate support; oversee all fundraising events; oversee grant schedule and grant writing; create proposals and presentation materials for stakeholders; ensure deadlines are met and new funding opportunities are identified; assess and communicate outcomes to donors and foundations.
- Oversee the grants program; work with volunteer groups that are involved in the review process and granting of funds.
- Promote the organization by serving as the chief spokesperson for Pink Aid; build and maintain essential community partnerships and donor relationships.
- Direct and maintain communications at the Board level and to the community both within CT and Long Island and nationally.
- Oversee marketing initiatives, including newsletters, mailings, event materials, website, and social media; maintain consistency of messaging across all platforms.
- Prioritize regular evaluation of the impact of the organization and its resources.
- Update, enhance, and implement Pink Aid’s policies, systems, and procedures to improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the organization.
- Delegate responsibilities and assure accountability; actively seek feedback from staff, Board members, and key stakeholders to promote development as a leader.
- Work to ensure timely and accurate creation, management, and analyses of budgets, expenditure reports, and operational data; engage the Board in its governance and fundraising goals by communicating opportunities, strategic choices, and the status of internal and external issues affecting the organization.
- Work with the Board to cultivate a strong pipeline of new and diverse members; create a strategic plan for developing a national Board; provide resources that will enable all members to serve as brand ambassadors for the organization.
- Develop part-time staff members to promote autonomy in a positive and supportive work environment; meet regularly with staff to champion a culture of collaboration and open communication.
- Establish and maintain an environment that attracts, motivates, and retains highly qualified volunteers and staff members.
- Minimum of ten years senior level experience in the nonprofit sector and/or equivalent business experience, with at least seven years in a senior management position and preferably with at least several years of nonprofit experience.
- History of success in identifying, securing, and increasing funding/revenue sources, preferably on a national level; demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding; proven success in event planning, donor management, solicitation of major gifts, and grant writing.
- Passion, optimism, integrity, mission-driven commitment, and self-direction, as well as a strong commitment to serving women and families in treatment for breast cancer.
- Strong financial and business acumen, including an understanding of operations, technology, and strategic marketing; experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Ability to develop financial plans, analyze and interpret financial data, and manage resources.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines; self-motivated and proactive.
- Professional oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire trust, communicate objectives, and motivate staff, Board, donors, and partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to seek out creative approaches to fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Ability to manage and oversee large volunteer
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizational
- Ability to work outside of standard hours as
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Experience with Quick-books, DonorPerfect (or other donor database systems), Constant Contact and WordPress preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Pink Aid has offices in Westport, CT, and Huntington, Long Island, NY, but this role can be flexible with remote work opportunities. Salary is expected to be in the $150K to $175K range.
All positions at Pink Aid are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Pink Aid, please visit their website at Westport