92NY has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Elly Kirschner, Senior Director
Harris Rand Lusk Executive Search
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Your application should include a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the role; please put “92NY” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Founded in 1874, The 92nd Street Y, New York is a global center for culture, connection, and enrichment. 92NY connects New York City, the country and the world through programs centered on culture, entertainment, and conversation, harnessing the power of arts, ideas, and Jewish values to enrich, enlighten, and connect the world.
92NY is a singular organization reaching more than 700,000 people annually in person and online. 92NY reaches all 50 states, 200+ countries, and 24 million video views annually. 92NY contributes to the vibrant global cultural landscape and welcomes people of all ages, races, faiths, and backgrounds.
This is an exciting time to join the 92NY as it prepares to celebrate its 150th anniversary in 2024 and enters the final stages of a capital campaign that will transform the campus, build an endowment, and support its world-class programs.
The Director, Corporate Sponsorships is responsible for identifying and securing sponsorship and corporate partnership opportunities for 92NY to support programming and initiatives across the institution. Through the successful engagement of brands, agencies and corporate entities, that share 92NY’s commitment to the arts, cultural enrichment and community, the Director will oversee the sustained growth of corporate partnerships and sponsorship agreements across 92NY. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, and in collaboration with the SVP of Marketing, the Director will be responsible for the delivery of new and innovative sponsorship offerings and agreements that maximize engagement opportunities across 92NY, with a focus on generating cross-departmental prospects and long-term corporate support.
- Develop and lead a cohesive and comprehensive sponsorship strategy aligned with 92NY’s mission and goals.
- Identify and research potential corporate sponsors and create compelling and tailored sponsorship proposals that outline the benefits of engagement opportunities.
- Develop sponsorship and marketing policies and asset identification and valuations.
- Deliver sustained contributed revenue growth from the creation and execution of innovative, scalable brand sponsorship agreements and corporate commitments to ensure that quarterly and annual financial targets are achieved.
- Manage all sponsorship program activities including prospecting, sales and negotiation, proposal development, sponsor activations, servicing, and relationship management.
- Work closely with 92NY’s Development team, including the Special Events and Nursery School teams, to maximize corporate support across programming areas and ensure a coordinated approach to prospecting and securing sponsorship support.
- Build and cultivate relationships with brands, agencies, and corporate entities, while maintaining existing relationships with current brands and corporate sponsors.
- Identify, develop, and package sponsorship opportunities arising from current and future programming activities by engaging 92NY’s Program Center Directors. Ensure fulfillment of sponsorship contracts based on sponsorship agreements.
- Ensure that all sponsorship agreements align with 92NY’s aims, values and ethical standards and work closely with the Chief Legal Officer to complete required legal and compliance reviews and sign off.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate each sponsorship agreement to identify future growth opportunities and achieve optimum levels of return sponsors.
- Manage relationships with external consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with proven success in corporate sponsorship or partnership sales. Major gift solicitation a plus.
- Relationship builder with an active network of contacts across high profile brands, agencies, and organizations.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding annual budget targets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the sponsorship ecosystem and experience with brand activations and sponsorship execution.
- Strong contract negotiation skills accompanied with the ability to provide strategic and creative direction.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and proactive, but also a strong team player.
- Strong and dynamic presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Passion for the City of New York and its diversity and a commitment to the mission of 92NY.
This role is based in Manhattan and will be full-time, Monday thru Friday: flexibility necessary to meet deadlines and attend various programs and events on nights and weekends. This position involves regular on-site presence with the potential for limited remote work.
- Compensation will depend on the experience of the candidate but is targeted in the range of $130k to $140k. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
For more information about The 92nd Street Y, New York please visit their website at www.92ny.org
92NY is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. They believe that creating an environment where all people, regardless of background, identity, or belief, can do their best work is the right thing to do. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more impactful.